Monday, June 1, 2009

A busy Sunday


Well, yesterday was a productive day, starting off with me moving into my new studio with the contextual residency! yay!

I also got my personal studio space right beside the window, which i love because i think windows are very necessary, and the picture shows my view including Bruce, who apparently has questionable white stuff all over his head.

so after moving into the studio and doing orientation, I was off to the lilac festival. 

4th was soo busy, and i think that as a vendor this might not be so ideal because there is almost too much traffic, we found ourselves just walking and not stopping at very many tents, and alot of the merchandise looked the same, it was hard for the truly unique booths to really stand out.  That is of course until I spotted a tent that was selling hand drawn prints and paintings so we made a beeline over there and holy were they cheep, 10 bucks for a scroll and 5 bucks for smaller prints (which are the three i have posted up in the picture), now I'm not sure if these are supposed to be Japanese or Chinese or maybe another oriental form of art, but considering my newest obsession with Japanese Ukiyo-e ( wood block prints), I was soo excited to find these I just had to hold back from buying all of them! We also caught a performance by __ + __ pretty (i forget their names) but they were maybe around 10 playing the drums and the boy singing playing the keyboard and harmonica were veryy impressive.  So after some gelato, corn, and corn dog it was time to head off to work.

after work went to go eat with the boys, in celebration that karsten cut all his hair off for cancer, so thumbs up on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment