Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Contextual

So big news to start off the summer right!

I have been accepted into a summer residency with contextual, a fibre collective (http://www.handmadebliss.com/index.html) which starts this Sunday where i get to move into my studio!

i've been trying to think of ways to explain what a summer residency is to people who don't really know.. for artists its kind of a big deal, and the closest example i could think of is an internship.

Im not really working for anyone, but I, as well as the other people accepted, get studio space to work in as well as a personal studio in a shared space.  This is a big opportunity for me, as i will get to continue my practice over the summer and will be a huge help for all of my up coming events!

also at the end of the summer, the collective (i feel like im on star treck) is going to be holding a show at ACAD so ill post more details about that when it gets closer!

first thing to look out for: i will be a vendor at the parksale http://www.calgaryparksale.com/index.html which will be held at the university june 28th more info to come!

for now grab a great book, and enjoy this nice weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment