Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Valentines Day - Announcement

Feb 14th was the birthday of Jasmine Herron, who passed away last year. A graduate from the fibre department. One of the girls in my department sold fake moustaches in honer of her and the money went towards her scholarship. I wasn't afraid to wear mine in Banff, These pictures were taken in the GAP change room.
I made this top Sunday night because I felt like going all out for valentines day. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, however it was supposed to have a skirt that had an anatomical heart print but that one just wasn't working out so i X'd it.

The fantastic hat I found and ended up buying. <3


A few weeks ago was the parkshow industry mixer, I didn't want to announce until I had a chance to talk to Kara but I was invited to be a designer for this seasons parkshow. It is march 12th and I expect everyone to be there. For this collection I am playing to their theme of 1930's boudoir and burlesque. However I will be changing it to my own using my own prints to explain the story.

This collection is about the woman staying home during the war hoping her husband or lover would come back to her. This is growing off of the print I did for the Turner's Dress using the come back to me print as the ground to the collection. We explore different prints that depict war truths and deaths made into elegant dresses and garments for women who are thinking of their lovers. the first print was of the boats with bodies floating around after the dead, sick and slaves were being thrown off during the storm. Last night I finished the next series of air war, using fighter planes bombs and people jumping out of the planes with parachutes. where the bombs and planes are exploding it turns into a damask pattern - expect pictures soon.

Also my FINA class is having a documentation show in our school library starting on Feb 28th I will be showing a drawing (which I haven't done a real drawing in so long, it feels kinda nice). click HERE for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment